Dr. Heeney is dedicated to building, supporting, and growing programming and supports for students with disabilities, which is rooted in the belief that Catholic education should be accessible to all.
- 10 years of experience as a special education teacher in the Philadelphia School District
- 6 years of experience as a Special Education Coordinator within the Philadelphia School District.
- Certifications in the following areas: Supervisor of Special Education PreK-12, Elementary Education K-6, Special Education PreK-21, Middle Years Math 7-9, Middle Years Social Studies 7-9
- Urban Special Education Leaders of Tomorrow- US Department of Education grant recipient
- B.A. in Elementary/Special Education from La Salle University
- M.S. in Reading Instruction from Gwynedd-Mercy College
- M.A. in Global Education Policy Studies from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Management with a concentration in Special Education from Drexel University
Danielle is inspired by travel and immersion in diverse cultural communities around the world. She has been blessed to have had the opportunity to explore over 35 countries.