Catholic Schools Onward
Best Practices and New Opportunities as We Move Forward
MENTAL AND WHOLE HEALTH
(Please note that as current information becomes available this page will be updated – 06.25.2020.)
CSO Home | Introduction | Philosophy | Process | Checklist
COVID-19 and the resulting shut down of activities that students were accustomed to, has created greater anxiety in many students. It is important to take steps to educate students in a manner that does not heighten fear and anxiety.
To develop activities that will hep students learn about COVID-19 in a rational and non-threatening manner.
- Provide lessons on COVID-19, along with the precautions and steps to take to prevent the spread of the disease. These include:
- Frequent hand washing and social distancing
- Staying within the cohort
- Not exposing others to sickness
- Coughing in a safe manner
- Create activities in which students can use their creativity to display their knowledge of preventative techniques and the need to treat each other as normal.
- Some of these can include a school and Archdiocesan level competition to develop materials that spread the news about COVID-19 (poster contest, videos performed by students, etc.).
Return to CSO Home …