Theresa Schmidt, Principal,
This is a full time position Mid-August through June 30. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Principal. Applicants must be computer knowledgeable. The hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. The employee is off when school is closed and has a summer vacation of 7 weeks (July 1st – August 15th).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Morning attendance of students – check phone messages for absent students, log information and update OptionC system. Contact any parent who has not called in regarding an absent student.
- Afternoon attendance – update any changes and print daily AM/PM report
- Maintain daily sign in/out log books for students and visitors.
- Answer phones, take messages, direct calls.
- Cooperate with part-time office assistant; delegating tasks as needed.
- Check firstname.lastname@example.org for messages and respond/direct as appropriate.
- Back to school forms for families
- New year schedules
- Bus information
- Monthly calendar
- Monthly juice and snack orders
- Office supply orders
- Mailings as needed
- Record CARES fees and issue invoices to families
- Input student and family information
- Update information as needed
- Compile annual Directory information
- Run reports as needed
- Grade 8 Records -Copy and mail transcripts and records to high schools; protocols to be followed
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and staff information
- Prepare records for students transferring out of SHS
- Coordinate new student registrations with Principal and Advancement Director
- Maintain re-registration records
- Schedule interviews with Principal for incoming families
- Update physical student files at end of year
- Provide nursing staff with student medical information
- Maintain mandated clearance files
- Monitor online payment portal; run reports as needed
- Attend annual faculty/staff retreat
- Assist Principal as requested
Interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, and updated clearances (FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse, and Criminal Background) to the e-mail address above. Please attach appropriate documents where applicable.
If the position is offered, the candidate will be required to complete the “Protecting God’s Children” training through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Additional information regarding this training can be found here.
Posted on May 7, 2020