3205 Chesterfield Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Christ the King Catholic School is accepting applications for a School Secretary. The secretary is responsible for running the school business office. Interested candidates are expected to be baptized Catholics in good standing at his/her proper parish of registration, have a high school diploma, and to have some professional secretarial experience in a school or office setting. Also required is familiarity and experience in using a personal computer in a Windows environment, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and Google Classroom. The position also calls for sound interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and an ability to relate effectively with others, particularly with children and their parents.
This is a twelve-month job with a modified schedule in the summer. School day office hours are 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. The successful candidate will be entitled to two weeks’ vacation taken during the summer. The Secretary follows the school schedule during the academic year
He/She is responsible for:
• Assisting parents with Option C access
• Maintaining student records and Option C data base including Terra Nova results
• Printing of report cards utilizing Option C program
• Completing archdiocesan forms and communication
• Typing Act 90/195 book and material order forms
• Assisting admissions/development director with the student registration process
• Ordering and maintaining office supplies
• Completing graduation and scholarship paperwork / records / communication
• Preparing and organizing hard copy records for all new students, including requests of other schools for records, permanent record cards, and receipt of student medical records
• Preparing and organizing records for students transferring from our school
• Coordinating special lunch orders.
• Collection and recording of grade specific fees for delivery to the rectory business office
• Recording of minutes for the faculty meetings.
• Record keeping of faculty attendance and sick days as well as facilitate the scheduling of substitutes
• Coordinating with the rectory about safe environment and clearances for teachers and parents
• Completing other tasks as may be requested by school and parish administrators
• Answering, routing, and returning phone calls
• Assisting teachers and students with questions/needs
• Meeting and greeting school visitors and taking care of their ‘business at hand’
Interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter and updated clearances (FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse, and Criminal Background) to the e-mail address above. Please attach appropriate documents where applicable.
Posted on October 27, 2020